Sharepoint 2010 Installation Beta on Windows Server 2003 R2

I find this link as the best resource for installing Sharepoint 2010 Beta on Win Server 2003.


http://mosshowto.blogspot.com/2009/11/installing-sharepoint-2010-windows-2008.html


I followed everything as it is but I encountered this error :


"An error has occurred while validating the configuration settings.  An exception of type System.ArgumentNullException was thrown.  Additional exception information: The errorData argument cannot be null or zero length.  Parameter name: errorData"


I browsed the net for nearly 4-5 hours to see different solutions but eneded up here.


http://linium.us/ism/microsoft-solutions/sharepoint-2010-beta-here-we-go/


It didn't solve the problem yet until I turned-off the firewall. I thought it's something to do with the Sql Server Firewall, but it's both the firewall's (Sharepoint + Sql) that has to be turned-off. 



My prev post defines the Issues encountered in Sharepoint 2010 Beta installed on Win 7


Please refer this post for a step by step installation guide

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linksys Wireless Connection Failure

The security validation for this page is invalid. Click Back in your Web

Access Denied Host Header Sharepoint 2010 Windows Server 2008 R2