Deploying a custom workinflow from SPD to a Prod environment

If you are creating a custom workflow or a resuable workflow through SPD 2010 for the first time, you'll end up with a question about how to move the same to production. I tried the following :

1. Create the workflow in SPD
2. Save it as Template (Saves a soln file in the Site Assets folder)
4. Move the wsp file to prod and deploy it - Ref - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607872.aspx

But it didn't deploy the same in my Prod environment. Well, I should say it deployed but wasn't available on my Workflow list

Finally, I opened the prod site from SPD and published it directly. It worked without flaw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linksys Wireless Connection Failure

The security validation for this page is invalid. Click Back in your Web

Access Denied Host Header Sharepoint 2010 Windows Server 2008 R2